Adtoox technical specification for commercials delivered as files
Europe - Sweden
Media format: TV/Online - High definition HDFile format: QuickTime (convert with Adtoox Upload Application)
- For your convenience, Adtoox offers export guides for the most common video editing and encoder software.
- We love to help. Don't hesitate to contact Adtoox free of charge support.
- You can also request Adtoox technicians to transcode your files.
- Prerequisites for conversion
- Layout of input media
- File format of input media
- Length of commercials
- Adtoox Upload Application
- Input file is playable in QuickTime player on the computer where Adtoox Upload Application is installed
- Input file is stored on a local drive (not on a network drive)
- Apple QuickTime 7 or later
- AJA Kona Software Codec 1.1.1 (only needed when using the codecs Uncompressed 4:2:2 8-bit or 10-bit)
- Avid DNxHD Codec (only needed when using the codec Avid DNxHD 1080i/50 185 8-bit ("AVdn"))
- No Blackmagic Design codecs installed
The commercial shall start on the first frame and end on the last frame. No colourbars, clock/identifier and/or black sequence needed prior or post the commercial.
|File format||QuickTime (.mov file)|
|Supported video codecs|
|Supported audio codecs||
|Supported audio sample sizes||
|Definition||High definition (HD)|
|Frame size||1920x1080, all pixels containing active video
|Accepted scan modes||
|Frame rate||25 frames per second|
|Levels||Shall follow EBU Technical Recommendation
No letterbox effects, i.e. horizontal lines containing black above and/or below picture content, are allowed.
No pillarbox effects, i.e. vertical lines containing black left and/or right of picture content, are allowed.
The video shall comply with Ofcom Guidance Note for Licensees on Flashing Images and Regular Patterns in Television (Ofcom Code December 2009). This applies primarily to broadcasters that broadcast from UK and thus fall under Ofcom / BCAP.
Different broadcasters may handle the above requirements differently. For more information on how these rules are applied by each broadcaster, please contact the broadcaster’s sales department.
|Audio channel 1||Stereo left track|
|Audio channel 2||Stereo right track|
|Sample rate||48 kHz|
Dual mono (identical stereo channels) is only accepted after prior agreement with the Broadcaster's sales department.
The audio shall be in lip sync with the picture content.
|Maximum true peak||
|True peak: ITU-R Recommendation
R128 loudness: EBU Technical Recommendation
The Broadcaster reserves the right to change the commercial's audio level to match it to other programme material.
The technical quality of the commercials delivered shall be equivalent to a high professional standard.
Commercials delivered that do not comply with a high technical standard will not be approved for broadcast. The Broadcaster has the full right to reject material.
The Adtoox platform is expected to reject files for the most common error conditions before they get distributed to the Broadcasters.
Commercials of 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60 second length is standard. Shorter commercials than 10 seconds and longer commercials than 60 seconds are only accepted after prior agreement with the Broadcaster's sales department.